Hair Restoration Therapies
Hair loss is a common concern affecting people of various ages and genders. Several factors can contribute to hair loss, each with its own causes and characteristics. Here are some of the common causes of hair loss, along with treatments for hair restoration:
1. **Androgenic Alopecia (Male and Female Pattern Baldness):** Androgenic alopecia is the most common cause of hair loss and is often hereditary. In men, it leads to a receding hairline and balding at the crown, while women may experience diffuse thinning. Treatments include over-the-counter minoxidil, prescription medications like finasteride, and hair transplant surgery.
2. **Traction Alopecia:** This type of hair loss results from excessive pulling or tension on the hair follicles, often due to tight hairstyles like braids, cornrows, or hair extensions. The first step in treatment is to remove the source of tension. Topical minoxidil and other hair growth treatments may be used to stimulate regrowth.
3. **Alopecia Areata:** Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder where the immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles, leading to round, smooth patches of hair loss on the scalp or elsewhere on the body. Treatment options include corticosteroid injections, topical immunotherapy, and medications like JAK inhibitors.
4. **Scarring Alopecia:** Scarring alopecia is caused by inflammation or injury to the hair follicles, resulting in permanent hair loss and scarring of the affected area. It can be caused by conditions like lichen planopilaris or trauma. Treatment may include anti-inflammatory medications and hair transplant surgery, although results can be limited.
5. **Telogen Effluvium:** This type of hair loss occurs due to a disruption in the hair growth cycle, often triggered by factors like stress, illness, childbirth, or certain medications. It leads to excessive shedding but is usually temporary. Identifying and addressing the underlying cause is crucial, and in some cases, minoxidil may be recommended.
6. **Nutritional Deficiencies:** Inadequate intake of essential nutrients, such as iron, biotin, or protein, can lead to hair thinning and loss. Correcting these deficiencies through dietary changes or supplements can often improve hair health.
7. **Medical Conditions:** Certain medical conditions, like thyroid disorders or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), can contribute to hair loss. Treating the underlying medical condition can help resolve hair loss.
8. **Medications:** Some medications, including chemotherapy drugs and anticoagulants, can cause hair loss as a side effect. Discussing alternative medications or management options with a healthcare provider may be necessary.
9. **Stress:** High levels of stress can lead to a temporary condition called telogen effluvium, which results in hair shedding. Managing stress through relaxation techniques and lifestyle changes can help.
The treatment for hair restoration varies depending on the cause and severity of hair loss. Consultation with a healthcare professional or dermatologist is crucial to determine the underlying cause and the most appropriate treatment plan. Treatments can range from topical solutions and medications to more advanced interventions like hair transplant surgery. Early intervention often leads to better outcomes in managing hair loss and restoring a fuller, healthier head of hair.
What services will treat hair loss?
HydraFacial Keravive is an innovative and highly effective treatment designed to promote scalp health and enhance hair growth. This non-invasive procedure combines the benefits of exfoliation, hydration, and nourishment to address common scalp issues and promote a healthier hair-growing environment.
PDO Threading Treatments of the Scalp:
PDO (Polydioxanone) threading treatments of the scalp are gaining popularity as a non-surgical approach to addressing various scalp and hair-related concerns. These treatments involve the use of PDO threads, which are inserted beneath the scalp to stimulate hair growth, improve scalp health, and address issues like hair thinning and alopecia.
PRP / PRF Scalp Treatments:
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) treatments of the scalp have gained widespread recognition for their remarkable benefits in addressing hair loss and promoting hair regrowth. These treatments harness the body's natural healing abilities by using a patient's blood components to stimulate hair follicles and improve overall scalp health.
Hair Transplant with FUE by NeoGraft:
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a highly advanced and minimally invasive hair transplant technique that has revolutionized the field of hair restoration. FUE offers numerous benefits for individuals experiencing hair loss and seeking a natural, long-lasting solution.
What is the Neograft system offered at ONE Vida?
Neograft is a popular automated hair transplant system that uses the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique. The duration of a Neograft hair transplant procedure, as well as the time it takes for the transplanted hair to grow in and the required aftercare, can vary depending on individual factors.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
The experience, the class, the crew everything you need in one. They basically hand out smiles. The injections I received have me feeling refreshed and replenished. Highly recommend OneVida!